The Maui campervan allows you to enjoy a New Zealand holiday at the pace you desire. Seating…
You are looking for adventure, nature, and tranquility far away from tourism and noise? Then it’s time for New Zealand! New Zealand is the perfect country to travel with a camper.
Why travel New Zealand by a campervan?
With NZM Rentals, you can hire motorhomes at the best prices. With a camper, you are mobile and free and can design your route. New Zealand is the perfect travel destination for road trip fans! Whether you hire a campervan, RV, or tent, the New Zealand infrastructure makes it easy to travel around New Zealand. With a campervan in NZ, you are flexible; you can decide where to go, stay overnight at the most fantastic pitches or camp right under the stars by the sea. Fans of wines and good food can stay for a small fee at numerous wineries, farms, olive groves, etc
Why hire a campervan with NZM Rentals?
Campervan hire New Zealand is what we do best; we do it differently than other travel agents because, through our local knowledge and experience, we know that traveling in a motorhome through NZ is not the way to make the most of your trip. It takes a bit more of your and our time to plan, but you will be happy and satisfied to return from an unforgettable journey through New Zealand.
Explore the stunning natural landscape of New Zealand at your own pace and in complete freedom. Campervan hire New Zealand is a top choice . The North and South Islands offer adventurous activities. Whether a boat trip through the picturesque Milford Sound, breathtaking waterfalls, thermal springs, snow-capped mountain peaks, or active volcanoes, there are countless opportunities for adventure.
Climate and Best Travel Time for New Zealand?
In May and June, there is snow, which is ideal for winter sports. In July, temperatures continue to fall. The month is the coldest of the year, although it is colder on the South Island than on the North Island. In August, it goes up. Temperatures rise to 15 degrees Celsius or more, and the sun shines longer. For the best travel time for a beach holiday in New Zealand, the months are December, January, February, and March.
The North Island tends to be warmer than the South Island. In New Zealand’s autumn (March / April), you drive from Christchurch to Auckland because it is often still warm in the autumn. In February, the weather stays at a similar level, with minimal sunshine hours.
What facilities are on board?
Campervan hire New Zealand come with amenities including kitchen utensils such as adequate cutlery, crockery and cooking equipment
Are your vehicles 4WD or 2WD?
All our motorhomes are 2WD engines. They are for touring purposes, and you must drive them on sealed roads. The inclusive campervan hire package will not cover Off-road or beaches. The campervan engines are diesel or 2.2l turbo diesel.
If there is a possibility, make sure at the time of booking that you get a vehicle with an automatic gear shift if possible. Manual switching on the ‘wrong’ side means another conversion for you. Similar to Europe, RVs come in different sizes, shapes, and configurations. Campervan hire here at NZM Rentals are all the automatic gear.
The campervans with NZM Rentals are well-equipped motorhome with heating, which is an excellent feature because in New Zealand it can be very pleasantly mild and warm during the day, it can be a little icy at night. Even in midsummer, the weather in New Zealand is changeable – the ocean surrounds the North Island and South Island of New Zealand. Four seasons a day are possible.
In short, the campers must have a chemical toilet and a wastewater tank on board. This campervan must have a “Self-contained Certificate,” i.e., meet specific hygiene standards. Campers without a certificate may not stay overnight at many well-located campsites. The campervans you hire have a Self-contained license on every vehicle.
Luggage recommendation for New Zealand camping trip?
Be sure to bring sunscreen with SPF 50, a rain jacket, and clothes that you can wear on the bulb principle. The kiwis and wear shorts and flip-flops or shorts and rubber boots in almost any weather.
Are there any hidden costs in my rental?
Local taxes, camping table / Chairs are included in our price, and you do not need to pay extra, as well as additional drivers are also included.
One-way fee: If you hire the campervan and return it at a different location Queenstown location fee: Queenstown branch is a premium location, there will be a fee if you pick-up or drop off your vehicle in Queenstown.
What is the maximum capacity of your campervan?
Maui River, Britz Frontier, and Mighty Big Six are the most spacious models in the fleet; they offer great comfort and convenience, equipped with three beds.
Can you recommend some attractions in New Zealand?
- In the evening, enjoy fresh fish and seafood at the picturesque beach town of Whitianga. The road to the south takes you to the surfing town of Whangamata and the breathtaking Karangahake Gorge. Behind the gold mining town of Waihi starts lush green pastureland that extends to Matamata.
- In Waitomo underground world, you can admire the glowworms and stalactites as well as stalagmites. In the Tongariro National Park, do a little trekking and walk about 20 km back (Tongariro Alpine Crossing), which passes by different volcanoes and glorious turquoise blue mountain lakes. On the west coast, walk along the black sand beach with white-gray cliffs, and in Napier on the east coast, enjoy the view directly to the sea.
- Travel along the west coast, over the 900-meter-high Arthur’s Pass, with viaducts, bridges, and plunging waterfalls. In Christchurch, you can finish your road trip in the numerous bars.
- Take a hike in the Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park. Sensational is the Hooker Valley Track, which starts at the White Horse Hill campsite, leads over suspension bridges, and ends at the glacial lake with floating icebergs. The Hooker Valley Track, which is about three hours long, is highly recommended, offers excellent views and is easy to do even for non-hikers. There are great opportunities to watch the stars along the entire route, at least back in Queenstown on a skyline stargazing tour high above the city with the Queenstown skyline.
- There are the state and private campsites in New Zealand, which often have a lovely location. The ferry ride between Wellington, on New Zealand’s North Island and Picton, on New Zealand’s South Island, takes about three hours. It’s no coincidence that the ride is one of the world’s most beautiful ferry rides. In Te Anau, the lake invites for a walk along the shore. Adventurous people can start the three-hour hike into Fiordland from there. In the direction of Milford Sound, there are beautiful (sometimes very strenuous) hiking trails on which you can discover, among other things, Mirror Lake, Lake Marian, or the Sutherland Falls.
Is Auckland a good starting point for my New Zealand camping trip?
The mild climate and often sunny weather, the Polynesian culture as a backdrop, and the passion for excellent food and wine, as well as attractive shopping opportunities, make Auckland a magnificent metropolis of multicultural liveliness. Auckland is also a waterfront town with all the amenities and great opportunities for water sports of all kinds. The 328-meter-high Sky Tower takes you through glazed lifts onto spectacular observation decks. For the daring, there are attractions such as SkyWalk or Sky Jump. At Kelly Tarlton’s Antarctic Encounter & Underwater World, you can see sharks and penguins up close. The Auckland Museum hosts daily Maori cultural performances. Auckland is a high starting point for any New Zealand campervan road trips.
Is the campervan hire expensive?
Of course, how expensive the trip depends on where you want to spend the night, how well the camper’s equipment is, how cheap you get at the flights, whether you cook in the camper or eat, etc.
Waste is inevitable during a camping trip in New Zealand. The private campgrounds have wastewater disposal stations; there are garbage bins and garbage disposal stations everywhere.
Do I need to take a ferry to cross the two islands?
That’s right! New Zealand is two big islands. Between the North and South Island, two ferry operators operate several times a day to transport you and your camper. You have the choice between The Interislander and the Bluebridge. Both differ only minimally in the price.
How much is the New Zealand camping trip?
New Zealand prices: the rules of thumb. The North Island is generally more expensive than the South Island. Gasoline is much cheaper in big cities than in the surrounding area. Get the discount cards in supermarkets like Countdown or New World and get savings on shopping or refueling.
Stick to the speed limits because, in New Zealand, there are speed cameras. Typical New Zealand are also the One Lane Bridges. These are single-lane bridges.
What if I arrive late?
Many people chose Christchurch as the starting and final destination of their New Zealand campervan travel. If you arrive late in the afternoon or evening, you can spend the first night in the hotel before you pick up your camper the next day. That is just the easiest way for you to start the day. Find brochures about DOC campsites in each region and their facilities. In the visitor centers, you can also take these with you for free.
A motorhome tour of New Zealand is an experience you will not soon forget. We put a lot of love, time, and effort into our work and therefore ask you to use this service only if you are seriously interested in traveling to New Zealand. If you are ready to explore New Zealand by hiring a campervan, contact us today!