Child restraints for all vehicles
All children aged under seven years must travel in an approved child restraint
- Children aged from birth to approximately four years (birth-18kg) must use a child seat
- Children aged between four and seven years (15-36kg) must use a booster seat
- The Maui River can accommodate up to 3 child seats
- All child restraints must comply with the standards approved in New Zealand
Hiring a child or booster seat or bringing your own
- Child restraints are available for hire from all thl branches for NZ$36 per hire Child/booster seats are included in the Inclusive Pack for each brand. To ensure available stock it is recommended that child restraints are requested at the time of booking
- An AU/NZ Standard, European Standard or American Standard restraint that complies with New Zealand law is acceptable to use in New Zealand
Where your child can sit
- Front passenger seats in all vehicles cannot accommodate children under seven years
- Child or booster seats are not permitted in the rear facing seats of any vehicle
- We recommend that children are kept rear facing until approximately two years of age
PLEASE NOTE: This is designed as a guide only. For further information please discuss with your Reservations Consultant.
For further details on where your child can sit in our campervans please see overleaf.